Work in Patagonia. Program Assistant / Office Coordinator – Full Time
The Conservation Land Trust (CLT), Foundation for Deep Ecology (FDE), and Conservacion Patagonica (CP) are a family of environmental NGOs, established by philanthropists Kristine and Douglas Tompkins. These organizations share a commitment to protecting and restoring wildland ecosystems, biodiversity, and thriving communities; learn more at www.tompkinsconservation.org .
Foundation for Deep Ecology focuses on activism and publishing. The Conservation Land Trust and Conservacion Patagonica work to create new national parks in Chile and Argentina: we have already established two National Parks, Corcovado in Chile and Monte Leon in Argentina, and have acquired over 2.2 million acres for conservation. We are currently collaborating with the Chilean and Argentine government and developing public access infrastructure to create numerous more national parks, including Parque Pumalin, the Esteros de Ibera, and the future Patagonia National Park. Our endangered species programs are reintroducing the jaguar to Argentina, rescuing the emblematic huemul deer in Patagonia, and monitoring puma populations, among other initiatives.Our small office in the Bay Area serves as the satellite US office for our 200+ person team operating in South America. We seek a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a passion for conservation and interest in exploring non-profit work to support our US office. This position will provide support to programs such as book publishing, fundraising, and communications.
• Respond to grant inquiries, update and maintain contacts and grant databases
• Manage the distribution of books, brochures, and other foundation materials
• Maintain book inventory at the office and offsite storage
• Direct development database and keep track of donor follow-up
• Coordinate project communications, including blogs, newsletters and social media
• Provide administrative support to the communications and fundraising staff
• Respond to inquiries coming into the organizations’ email account
• Organize volunteer and internship applications and assist with volunteer questions
• Numerous opportunities for larger projects and initiatives based on individual interests
Office coordination – day-to-day operation of the office located in Sausalito, CA.
• Answering the main phone, greeting guests, processing incoming and outgoing mail
• Make arrangements for office events and meetings and manage office facility
• Coordinate shipments to South America
Skills and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree – required
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Highly motivated self-starter, hard-working, and flexible
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management)
• Familiarity with social media outlets – Facebook, Twitter, blogs
• Interest in conservation and environmental activism
• Working knowledge of Spanish is desirable
• A car is required since there is no public transportation to the current office location (Marin Headlands). Office move to San Francisco pending
We offer a competitive salary and benefits based on experience and qualification.
• The chance to help create new National Parks in Chile and Argentina
• The opportunity to operate with a degree of independence in an office with people who share a common passion for conservation and the environment
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 8, 2013.